We are organising a visit to Bletchley Park for postgraduate students. This will be an all day event taking place on Sunday February 2, 2014 with a planned departure from the Euston Station at 9:30am end expected return at 17:00 same place.
We will visit the World War II code-breaking centre including a tour of Bletchley Park museum to see original restored enigma machines and the original ‘Bombe’ device used to crack the Enigma code. The visit will also include a guided tour of the National Museum of Computing to see many of the world’s first electronic computers, including a fully operational ‘Colossus’. Both museums are running guided tours especially for us!
The total trip will cost less than £30 including the train ticket but not including lunch. The ACM Student Chapter will subsidise this trip, so final price will depend on the exact group size.
- 09:30 Meet by the ticket office at London Euston Station
- 09:54 Depart from London Euston
- 10:41 Arrive to Bletchley Park Station
- 11:30 2 hour tour at the National Museum of Computing
- 13:30 Lunch at the Hut 4 Cafe
- 14:30 1 hour tour of Bletchley Park
- 15:30 Flexible time
- 16:00 Museums close
- Return to London